Friday, March 26, 2010

cry-freedom-cry

I am sick of having to constantly defend myself to people, whether it be caused by my own error or because we all seem to have this guilty until proven innocent philosophy to life. Even so, I know that my burden doesn't even begin to approach the emotional weight that so many other people must experience. People rarely have to defend themselves to the people who really know and love them. This is comforting, but that gift of trust also comes with the responsibility of following through and proving ourselves trustworthy.

Since I'm far from perfect, there have been many people I've hurt and some relationships that have fizzled throughout the years. But those mistakes are in the past now. The current tear inducing, gut churning, soul killing issue on my mind is justice. Why is it that when we deliver the truth, the people who don't know us want to believe a lie. Why is that? How can we live together in a way that promotes justice? Isn't justice a right?

No comments:

Post a Comment