Sunday, May 3, 2009

Release the brakes!

Today I did something I never guessed I would in a million years. That's right, I saddled up a horse (or kart if you will) with no engine and no real safety features (besides brakes) to ride down a stretch of bumpy road. Might I add that it was also raining. This is quite the atypical activity for me, because I'll admit I rarely throw caution to the wind. Today, my friends, is a new day.

While I cannot yet say that this is a newfound joy of mine (give me a break I'm a wimp), I should say that there is one very important factor in my decision to 'throw caution to the wind' this time. He is my friend and my love. I don't know if I'd do such a thing for someone I didn't love (especially the part where I woke up at 5am). I should also say that he's a present source of inspiration: to get up in the morning, to keep working towards my goals, and to take time to enjoy life. So, today we did just that. I don't regret making the trip, but I do wish I'd let off the brakes a bit more.

Oh well, maybe next time?!?

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment