Wednesday, April 1, 2009

We would like to offer you the position...[I am delighted!]

What a relief to hear these words. I can now consider myself employed for the next two years at least. I am blessed to be secure in the capacity that I will have a place to live, people to love, and still many lessons to learn.

However, I remain in a state of disbelief. The progression of events from the CVC Career Fair, where I first learned of such a unique opportunity, to just yesterday morning when I accepted the offer to work for Target Community & Educational Services, Inc. seems to have happened so swiftly.

I remember just a few months ago worrying about the future. I prayed and shared my doubts and anxieties with family and friends. I remember having a conversation with God on one of my walks home from class. He spoke to me, not so much in these words but, telling me specifically that the next six months were going to be challenging but He would be with me to guide and comfort. This was in November, around the time of the election hype. Now, about six months later, I see the truth in that moment of illumination.

Psalm 37:4,7
Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass ... Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment